Saturday, April 17, 2021

Dorothy Marie Ray

    Dorothy Marie Ray, 85, of  Poteau, OK passed away Friday, April 16, 2021 in Ft. Smith, AR.  Dorothy was born March 18, 1936 in Buck Creek, OK to Johnny Payton & Pearl Anner (Richards) Wiles.  She worked for 28 years as an accounting clerk at Johnson Controls.   Dorothy was a member of South Broadway Church of Christ in Poteau.  She was preceded in death by her husband, William “Bill” Ray; her parents; brother, Walter Wiles; sister, Mary Martin; granddaughter, Charlotte Remy & grandson, Nicholas Mathis.

          Survivors include her children, David & Debra Mathis, Karen & Buck Nolen, Janet & Steve House, Bobbi & Robert Fox; 12 grandchildren; 22 great grandchildren; 14 great great grandchildren; other relatives, loved ones and friends.

          Services will be 2 pm, Wednesday, April 21, 2021 at Evans Chapel of Memories, Poteau with Preacher David Bailey and Bro. Jim Cook officiating.  Interment will follow at Oakland Cemetery.  Pallbearers will be Jess Pate, Jeremy Remy, Christopher Mathis, Bryce Fox, Brady Fox, and Billy Martindale.

 

The family will visit with friends on Tuesday evening from 5-7 pm.

 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

An angel lived among us, a gift from God above. She showered us with kindness and shared with us her love. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your family as your daughter-in-law. David and I will treasure all the memories and that smile upon your face.

Debra Mathis with David Mathis

Unknown said...

Praying for this family

Carol Sanders said...

Will miss Dorothy, we didnt talk on a regular basis, just picked up where we left off the last time we had spoke. I met Dorothy when I went to work at JCI, fun lady to work with. I hope I feel good enough to make it to visitation on Monday, but I know she will forgive me if I dont. We'll meet again my friend.