Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Ariel Lynn Cardenas

Funeral Service for Ariel Lynn Cardenas, 30 of Fort Smith, Arkansas will be at 2pm on Friday, July 22, 2022 at Church of Nazarene in Poteau, Oklahoma with Jim Cook, Marie Akins officiating. Burial will follow at Oakland Cemetery in Poteau, Oklahoma under the direction of Evans & Miller Funeral Home.

Ariel was born on January 14, 1992 in Poteau, Oklahoma to Crystal (Ward) Fout and Ricky Cardenas and passed away on July 16, 2022 in Poteau, Oklahoma.  She was preceded in death by maternal grandparents Jesse and Anna Mae Ward of Poteau, Oklahoma; aunt, Jeri Maler of Poteau, Oklahoma.

Ariel was learning the guitar and piano. She loved to paint and draw and make beautiful works of art. (Lots of Rainbows) She wanted every day to be an adventure and never was scared of a challenge. She never got enough of being with her friends or family, and taking on the phone for hours to anyone who wanted to share their life with her. She joined the healing tree and was going to help so many people as a clinical mental health counselor. She would always make new friends everywhere we went. Her bubbly personality and beautiful soul always made her the life of the party. Multiple times a day she would squeeze and kiss and love on her dog Abraham Maslow. She brought so much joy to everyone she ever met. She will never be forgotten and will always be in our hearts. - My love always Christopher

Ariel was a very loving and kind person beautiful inside and out she never knew a stranger even as a child. She has such a passion of life, and living it to the fullest. She enjoyed music, movies, outings, playing games and cards, swimming, kayaking, but mostly she enjoyed spending her time with her fiancé Chris, family, friends, and her beloved pup Maslow. She was a hard worker she achieved every goal she made for herself including a master’s degree in psychology (counseling), graduating with honors. Although her time here on earth was short, she touched so many lives and hearts. She will never be forgotten. She will be dearly missed by all who knew and loved her. She's in a better place now and we will most definitely see her again. -My love forever Mom and Dad

Survivors include: fiancé, Christopher Dorosh of Fort Smith, Arkansas; parents, Crystal and Donnie Fout of Poteau, Oklahoma, and Rick Cardenas of Elk City, Oklahoma sister, Felicia Eacret of Spiro, Oklahoma; brothers, Joshua Ray and wife Tiffany of Texarkana, Texas, and Vernon Ray of Mustang, Oklahoma; grandparents, Andrea Masterson of Galveston, Texas.

Pallbearers will be Tobey Henderson, Derrick Henderson, Gary Henderson, Clint Wann, Chris Scott, Jonathon Davis, Terrance Lee Richardson Jr., Jordan Small.

Honorary Pallbearers will be Andrew Wilson.

Visitation will be Thursday from 6-8pm.

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ariel was a beautiful soul. She had a fire behind her that was ready to light up her clients. She was such an intelligent and insightful woman that impacted many lives. Ariel, you are greatly missed and cherished.

Anonymous said...

She was such a wonderful person. We loved being around her. She was always happy and it rubbed off on everyone that was close to her. The world has lost so much.
We will love her forever. ♥️
Aunt Becky

Anonymous said...

My son, Jordan Small, was a friend of Ariel’s for many years. From the first time I met her, I adored her. She had such a sweet, loving nature that it was impossible not to love her. She came to our home often with Jordan, but she would sometimes come to see me by herself when she was going to be close by. I always treasured her visits, and enjoyed watching Ariel mature into a beautiful, caring woman. Most times when she visited she would bring her beloved Maslow because she knew I was an animal lover. I admired Ariel’s determination to not just get an education, but to go into a field where she could help others. Ariel was unique in the best possible way, and I will never think of her without feeling the void where her lively, loving, vibrant spirit used to be. You will be sorely missed, sweet girl.

Anonymous said...

I watched this beautuful soul grow up...My heart is so sorrowful for the families loss.....there are no words that could ever convey the pain that is flowing through my heart...God rest the little girl from across the street..My heaart is breaking.

Anonymous said...

Ariel was always so positive. We worked together at the Healing Tree and looked forward to having her in the office more; she did great work with her clients. I did not know her very long but she made an impact. We went to a training together where we all were able to bond and get to know each other outside of the office, she spoke with love sharing about her fiancée and her dog. She was passionate about her work and was already making a difference in many people’s lives. She will be greatly missed.
My deepest condolences,
Tara

Gussy Elvik said...

To my best friend Ariel: 🌈

You have always been and always will be a light in this world. I was blessed to have known you for the past couple of years in grad school and none of this is real for me yet. I feel like I can still call you anytime and talk for 3 hours. I will play your voicemails and videos about grad school projects every time I am driving on 40 East just to keep that memory alive.

Every time I drive on 40 East, see a rainbow, or need to be reminded of the good things I will always think of you. I will think of our late night study sessions, our never ending phone conversations, and all of our emotional, difficult, triumphs, and special moments together.

You kept me in check with my emotions, my schoolwork, learning more about God, growing in my faith, and what it meant to be a true friend. You accepted me in all my forms from the very first day of grad school all the way to the end. I know this was just part of who you are, but I can promise you that it meant the world to every single person you knew. As it especially did to me.

We had such big plans for our own counseling offices one day and now I am unsure of what that future looks like, but I know you will always be with me in my mind, in my heart, and on 40 East.

I will continue to check in and visit with your sweet fiancé Christopher and your precious dog Abraham Maslow as well. I do not have to know the why to continue to always celebrate your beautiful life by living mine to the fullest and loving and accepting others right where they are in honor of you.

I love you forever and always my beautiful best friend! Hakuna Matata until we meet again! 🌈 🦁 🌈

Anonymous said...

My condolences to the family Ariel was a sweet person I always considered as my granddaughter because she was I will always remember her we had so much fun I know Rikk and Saundra are still devistated and her mom as well my heart is breaking for them till we see you again Ariel we will send you balloons for Christmas along with Amanda potter all my love I’m here Chrystle any time you need me love Nana