Monday, June 15, 2020

MAY STARR


          May Elizabeth Starr, 72, of  Pocola, OK passed away Friday, June 12, 2020 in Pocola.  May was born August 21, 1947 in Ft. Smith, AR.  May worked at Whirlpool for 33 years.   She enjoyed camping, walking dogs, gathering with friends & family, & reading.  She REALLY enjoyed having a margarita with friends and family.  She was preceded in death by stepdaughter, Shelly Ashing; and mother Lillie.
          Survivors include her husband, Tony Starr; daughters, Michelle Scheide and husband Ray of Russellville, AR, “Punky” Melinda Weiler and husband Stacey of Ft. Smith, AR; Marla Ashing of Pocola, OK; son, Trey Ashing of Sugarloaf Key, FL; step daughter, Gayla Smith and husband Charlie of Spiro, OK; 10 grandkids; 1 great grandkid; sister, Lorene Hopewell of Arkoma, OK; other relatives, loved ones and friends.
          The family invites you to celebrate her life on Wednesday, June 17, 2020 at 11 am at the Pocola City Park.  Casual dress.  In lieu of flowers please donate to Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation at pulmonaryfibrosis.org.

2 comments:

Bonnie moon-starr said...

I'm sure going to miss my sweet sister in_law,rest in paradise until I see you again! Love you always!❤

Joy Bowerman said...

She will be greatly missed. I'm so grateful I got to know her. While I know May is whole and healthy now I am very sorry for her family.